Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Interview with MAITLAND KALTON



Hi dear readers today we are going to meet a wonderful personality Maitland Kalton.
Who is a writer, and spiritual philosopher, in one word I will describe him as a “FREE SOUL” and “PEACEFUL  PERSON”.
He was formerly a lawyer, did LLB from University of Birmingham but now he is just free from every bond and any worldly threads .He is enjoying life as best  as he can. He is a writer and has two blog websites. he is there for all of my readers you are really going to be amazed after reading the interview of the most simple, loving and spiritual personality .Maitland is a symbol of Love  , Peace , humanity and spiritualism all in his self. So here is our conversation, me and our nature loving celebrity “Maitland”.
Me: What do you think of your life?
Maitland:
Generally, I love my life. I am free unlike most people and I can do what I want and follow my heart in everything and I promised myself the best life possible and so my life will always be exciting, challenging, satisfying and fun.
Me: We all are a part of this world and living here from centuries now how is it felt to live on earth?

Maitland:
How it now feels to live on earth at this time is not easy to say. In many ways it feels very sad as we destroy the very thing that gives us everything including our bodies, that is mother earth. But despite the appalling way we treat her, she is still beautiful in many places. I hate the effect of mankind’s greed and of tourism that is like poison to her.


Me:
Childhood of every one imposes a great effect on one’s life, personality and character, how your childhood plays an important role in your life?
 Maitland:
This is too big a question to answer fully. I don’t think you realize how big a question it is. I could write books on the subject. You see, childhood is the period of development of the personality or ego and what we do is we see how people react to us and we then decide who we are based on what we think we see in other people’s reactions. So, for example, I was aged 3 when I broke a valuable wedding present of my parents. As a result, my father slapped me hard and sent me to my room and I made that mean two things: that Daddy doesn’t love me (& it is my fault that he doesn’t) and that I must be worthless because the valuable wedding present means more to him than me! That may sound crazy but that is how the mind of a young child works. We all have our own version of such things and they are NEVER true, but the ego thinks they are and tries to protect us from further pain and either sets out to prove itself wrong (I am worthy something) or just gives in and accepts it. Either version is unreal and unhelpful and in my case it was one of the reasons I always try to fix people’s problems to prove I am worthy of their love and approval and also why I became a lawyer who not only helps people fix problems but also earns a lot of money, thereby proving my worth...except nothing is ever enough to satisfy the desperate ego. Only when we learn to rise above it can we then find true happiness. So, you see, there is so much to this - all the many things that happen and the decisions we make as a result - they shape who we think we are and it is always far less that we are capable of if we embrace our Allah within us all.

Me:What do you think it’s important to dream of achieving extra ordinary things in life or not? What extra ordinary things you being able to achieve in life?
Maitland:
Yes, it is the only way to expand one’s experience of life and of one’s true self. The sad thing is that most people don’t dream big because they believe in the rubbish the ego has decided about who they are. So some people won’t even dream at all. It s important to dream but also to believe that it is somehow possible, even if you don’t know how it can happen.
I have dreams bigger than anyone I know. I want to be a famous writer and teacher who helps many millions of people find their true selves and then to achieve great things in their lives. I want to help the whole planet move successfully into the new age. I want to have retreats and schools around the world to teach people that they truly can be anything they want if they believe it and have patience. I want to inspire mankind to unify as a single whole and to bring peace to the entire planet. I will settle for nothing less that this which is my life purpose to which I am dedicated.
Me :Siblings are always there as a part of your family and also life, how much your siblings influenced your life?
Maitland:
There is a saying: “You can choose your friends but not your relatives” but that is not true - before we incarnate, we choose our parents and they choose us. But siblings are different though they are also there to teach us things. I have 1 brother (who died 2.5 months ago) and one sister who is someone I thought I loved very much but I now have woken up to the fact that she has been jealous of me and hated me since she was a tiny girl - she was deeply jealous because I was very close to my mother who died over 5 years ago now. So, as far as I am concerned I have no close family left. My father was a bad father but he is a bit better now but I will never be very close to him - he is too selfish and stupid but I do love him in way as he is my father and gave me life. I have forgiven him for the very bad things he did to me as a child that made me very unhappy - the only person who was worse for me was my sister!
Me :Do you that your friends are important in your life? Can you consider a good life ever, without friends?
Maitland:
Yes. I thought I had many friends (hundreds) but in times of hardship you find who your true friends are and you can count them on one hand. My friends are very special and important to me.
Me :How many best friends you have? Do you think all your friends are honest to you? Do you give importance to honesty in friendship?
Maitland:
You can only have one “best” friend by definition. “Best” is the ultimate and so after that comes close friends. So I will take your question to mean, how many close friends (including my best friend) do I have. I include my partner in this so that makes 4 or 5.
Me :Can you consider a good life ever, without friends?
Maitland:
As long as I have my partner and my dog, I can have company and the rest is a bonus but I do like having friends but most people are disappointing so one must first love and like oneself which is sadly lacking in 99% of the population. I love who I am becoming. I am proud of my loving nature and my genuine care for others to have the best life possible. My best love and friend is Allah. Allah is sometimes funny, sometimes stern but always caring and loving and is reliable like no human.
Me :How is your relationship with your parents, do you think they have guide you the best way they can? And how you feel about their importance in your life?
Maitland:
I partly answered this above already. I will add that even though my father was bad to me as a child, he still influenced me positively because I wanted to prove him wrong and so for instance he always criticized my English skills yet I am a former lawyer and also a writer and I am told my writings come from the heart and are special, and even he thinks I write amazingly good letters now! My mother was more of a positive influence on me. She loved people and was very friendly and fair as well as fun and playful. All these things I take from her along with respect for others and good manners, all of which have served me so very well in life. There is not doubt that, positively or negatively, my parents, as with most parents, have had a key role to play in my life.
Me :What do you think of your studies, are you satisfied with them or you wished to study some other subjects or join some other fields of education in life?
Maitland:
I studied quite well and did quite well. I did a degree in law, then qualified in law in England and Wales and then 20 years later I qualified in New York too, achieving a very good grade. I have also studied informally and consider myself an expert on human behavior and human spirituality to a level maybe even equal to a doctorate and it is on these subjects that I will eventually write many books. So I am no longer interested in reading about other people’s theories but sooner experience things 1st hand so I can write from my heart in the knowledge that it works and is real because I have experienced it - far more powerful than just copying and interpreting things other people have written.
Me :have you been conscious of people that what they think about you and how they feel about you, the kind of opinion others have for you , actually affects your life or not?
Maitland:
I used to worry about such things as many people do but now I don’t care. People take me as I am and if they do not like whom I am, then so be it, our friendship ends. I am true to myself in the face of everything and anything. I will allow no-one to alter that, not even my beloved partner.
Me :Who is your favorite politician? What will be the future of your country Politics in your view?
Maitland:
Mohandas Gandhi
What will be the future of your country Politics in your view? I don’t trust any politician in my home country (England) or in Thailand but this will change with the new age of man and I hope to play my part in bringing about a far fairer society with no corruption or privilege.
Me :Are you satisfied with your current job?
 Maitland:
   I don’t have a job and have worked for myself for nearly 23 years now and I would never work for anyone else as it makes no sense to me.

Me :How you think you can promote your business in future?
Maitland:
I can’t answer this question other than by saying that my new business that I will launch this year will be so amazing I won’t need to promote it much at all and people will be queuing up to be included in one of my retreats.
Me :What is the biggest dream of your life that you never ever being able to fulfill?
Maitland:
None - I can fulfill all my dreams with Allah’s help and I will do so
Me :Which your dream actually materialized out of your expectations?
Maitland:
My partner, my dog, my living in Thailand, my being a writer.
Me :Do you really believe in dreaming?
Maitland:
Yes, it is essential otherwise we merely exist and never grow.
Me:Who is the most inspiring personality of your life? And Why?
Maitland:
Jesus, Kwan Yin, Mohandas Gandhi, Muhammad Yunus, founder of Grameen Bank, my grandfather, so many in fact. They all had great strength yet were just human (I do not believe Jesus is God although I do believe we are all part of God or Allah) and they were dedicated to humans as was Mohamed too.
Me :Do you think, you are always right in your life by far and have you reached the place where you wished to be always?
Maitland:
No, we can never be right always and there is always more to learn, more to experience, more to grow.
Me :What is the true passion of your life, for which you can do any thing at any time?
Maitland:
Writing from my heart and helping people see who they really are.
Me :Do you believe in love and miracles? Do thing that Love is nothing more than a miracle in life?
Maitland:
Love is the only truth and miracles are all around us especially in nature.
Me :How marriages play an important role in people life?
Maitland:
I don’t like marriages always because people are then trapped and not free. I will one day marry my partner but if and when one ceases to be a source of grow and joy in my life, I would end it - my prayer is that one is always with me because we grow together but only time will tell. I don’t believe in staying in relationships that have ceased to serve a useful purpose in one’s life.
Me :What is your greatest wish in life?
Maitland:
That mankind unites as a single entity and we have world peace and that we have honesty and integrity in all our dealings so that we can trust people as the norm in society.
Me:What‘s your philosophy of life?
Maitland:
Love.
Me:fill in the blank “I keep on thinking about _____________”
Maitland:
I keep on thinking about
LOVE & PEACE & HARMONY IN NATURE
Me :One thing that you will do must in future?
Maitland:
Teach from my heart to expand the greatness within us all.
Me :What is the best way according to you, to help the poor and needy people in world?
Maitland:
Show them they are great and can be, do and have anything they desire if they just believe in it and have infinite patience - this applies to everyone, no matter how poor.
Me :Your message for all the readers of yours?
Maitland:
Love yourself, be true to yourself always and treat others as you would wish them to treat you.
Me :What you think Allah is just for Muslims?
Or for all humanity and do you think not only Muslims but all human beings can say that I have Allah?
Maitland:
Of course for all humans
The word "Allah" is a label, a limitation But the true spirit of Allah is unlimited
Infinite.All powerful, It is God, It is Allah,It is so much more
It is everything, no exceptions.
Allah is the label of the force by Muslims,God is the label of the force by Jews & Christians
The universe is the label of the force by new age thinkers like me
But that are all limiting labels
None is wrong or right
 My Rapid fire favorites round :
Maitland:
Favorite color: Green
Favorite book: I cannot think of one.
Favorite film: Avatar
Favorite actor: Don’t know
Favorite actress: Don’t know
Favorite sport: Tennis
Favorite place: Too many places to say - also anywhere in nature that is unspoilt.
Favorite quotation: “Be the change you wish to see in the world” (Gandhi)
Favorite writer: Don’t know
Favorite politician: Gandhi
Favorite dress code: Don’t know
Favorite personality: No idea
Favorite time pass: Writing.
My comments:
thanks alot Maitlandfor this contribution ,no words for this you a true person and a nice friend I respect your views and agree with many of them.
Here is the link of Maitland,s blogshttp://sanitara.blogspot.com/
http://loveinabundance.blogspot.com/




2 comments:

  1. an idealistic interview like a celebrity.............
    now some what critically,,,,,
    childhood influence is simailar to everyones "every child thinks his parents worth him less than some precious things" common issue. but it doesnt mean they dont worth us..... parents always worth their child. sometimes most earning child is not most loveable but the most obedient one...... so choosing a profession for money to show his parents abt his worth is i think wrong..........

    answer for frndshps iz usual. everyone give u the same answer fareeha
    everyone says he dun care abt peole but i thnk noone is far behind from what peole thnk abt his/her?
    conciously or unconciously w care abt people......
    marriages play an imp. role but matter is to marry a rite person. its a case of finished and completed people take these words as similar but i thnk if u marry a rite person u r completed and if u marry a wrong person u r finished......
    over all i like the defination of ALLAH .................... ALLAH is of course for whole humanity..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. postingan yang bagus tentang Interview with MAITLAND KALTON

    ReplyDelete